What Is the Best Surgical Mask?
In this current time, people are always on the look-out for their health and well-being especially that the threat of COVID-19 is still imminent in every corner of the world. This virus, which originated from Wuhan, China, has been stirring worries and panic across the globe because of its high infectious rate. Plus, there has been none discovered medicines yet in treating COVID-19.
Aside from the Asia region, COVID-19 has also now reached the areas of Europe, Americas, Middle East and Australia. In fact, almost all countries are keeping their alert to prevent the widespread of COVID-19 in their respective nations.
Since there is no medicine yet against COVID-19, people are advised to observe proper hygiene and cleanliness in the surroundings. This is to prevent the spread of airborne biological microbes that can be detrimental to human’s health. People are also advised to practice cough etiquette such as covering the mouth with tissue while coughing or sneezing. If there is no tissue, the elbow can be used in covering the mouth.
People are also advised to frequently wash their hands with water and anti-bacterial soap. If water is not available, one can sanitize the hands using a sanitizer gel or alcohol. This is to make the hands always clean since the hands are prone in touching always the face, the mouth and eyes where the viruses can possibly enter the body. People are also advised to boost their immune system by eating healthy foods, regular exercises, and to get enough rest and sleep.
Using surgical masks
Aside from the aforementioned precautionary measures, people can also protect themselves by wearing surgical masks. Although masks cannot completely protect oneself from COVID-19, at least it can help in preventing to be infected. It can serve as a barrier against virus particles in entering the body. In hindsight, surgical masks are more effective if one obtains the best masks there are in the market.
The following are some criteria in looking for what is the best surgical mask:
• It should have multiple layers that can effectively filter various air toxins such as smoke, pollution, dust, pollen, allergens, among others. It should be able to block PM 10 as well as PM 2.5 microns.
• It should fit perfectly, from the nose area down to the chin. There should be no loose areas wherein microns from the outside can possibly enter towards the nose or mouth.
• Fluid-resistant. COVID-19 are contagious through droplets in the air. Hence, it is only best that the mask is fluid-resistant especially if the virus carrier keeps on coughing or sneezing nearby.
Some of the best surgical mask in the market
The Vogmask is also being considered by many as a best surgical mask for chemo patients. This remarkable product is made of organic cotton and microfiber for its outer and inner layer, microfiber particle filter, carbon ash derived from coconut shell, aluminum noseband, and latex-free spandex trim. It also takes pride with its ABS Resin exhale valve base and cover that has silicone stopper. Its filter component is in the middle layers of the Vogmask.
Vogmask also promotes healthy living as it filters the air we breathe. Its filters microscopic materials brought by dust, air pollution, allergens, smoke, biologics and other toxins in the air. It also protects people, especially chemo patients, from airborne bacteria and viruses. It can block PM10 as well as PM2.5 microns that are hazardous to the lungs. In fact, Vogmask can protect chemo patients from inhaling particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Made with organic materials
- Comes in different sizes – from small fits under 10 years old to XL adults
- Protects from airborne particles as small as .254 microns.
- Has one-way exhalation valve for the exit of moisture and carbon dioxide
- Can be maintained by hand-wash and hang-dry
- Comes in different designs
- Others complained that the mask does not fit well onto their face
- Some got allergic reaction because of the smell and the materials of the mask
Where to buy:
This is a health care setting mask that can be used by the public as well. It’s FDA Cleared for use as a surgical mask that will help to protect against certain airborne biological particles and it’s also fluid resistant and disposable.
It also met all CDC guidelines as a particulate respirator and surgical mask rolled in one mask.
It’s also a NIOSH approved N95 that met CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control, and an FDA cleared for use as a surgical mask.
It has 99% BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) according to ASTM F2101 and it’s totally fluid-resistant according to ASTM F1862.
This respirator contains no components made from natural rubber latex and it has a collapse resistant cup shape design, braided headbands, cushioning nose foam, and lightweight construction for comfortable wear.
It has suggested settings and applications for Operating Rooms, Clinics, TB Wards, Patient Care, Labor and Delivery, Infection Control Practices, Laboratory, emergency or pandemic preparedness planning, stockpiling, etc.
Please click the link below for this product
- This is the real deal as it’s the same mask as worn by personnel at the hospital
- You can have about a week of use out of one mask
- You just pinch the metal band at the top to fit firmly around your nose
- Good Protection
- Cheap for the protection
- The masks are really top-notch quality, very easy to breathe in, and it has really comfortable nose sponge in the mask with outside molded flexible nose pinch
- This mask has the woven and rubber head straps which do not deteriorate as fast as the yellow rubber ones
- They are built well and are snug for comfort
- A few only find it a little thick for them
Where to buy:
This product takes pride with its high standard, reaching the ASTM F2100 Level 3 Standards. This means that it can help provide the highest level of protection against viruses such as the COVID-19. The Haylard Aqua Level 3 Anti-Fog Procedure Mask has four (4) layers of filters, ensuring that toxins and other microbes cannot get be inhaled by its user.
Its anti-fog feature makes it at par with other masks when it comes to what is the best surgical mask in the market nowadays. Its anti-fog foam strip helps in reducing the fogging of eyewear. This is very ideal for those who are wearing eyeglasses. One will not worry anymore of fog formation in the eyeglasses when exhaling using this surgical mask.
- Has anti-fog foam
- Pleat style
- Comfortable earloops
- Has nose pieces for comfortable snug and accuracy in conforming to the contours of the face
- Free from natural rubber latex
- None negative reviews, so far
Where to buy:
Finding the best surgical mask in the market can be a little bit challenging. Most people want what is the best when it comes to protecting themselves against COVID-19. It should be taken with utmost thought, however, that surgical masks are just one of the ways in protecting oneself from COVID-19. It is also essential that one practices proper hygiene, frequent washing of hands and living a healthy lifestyle.
Meanwhile, maximum care and protection should also be given to the elderly, children and those with respiratory illnesses. Among others, they need the surgical mask the most.
|Copyright © Survival Gear for Sale 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|