Best Disposable Surgical Mask
With everything that is happening in the world today, it is always best to stay safe and protected from all the different viruses in our surroundings. Apart from observing proper hygiene and regularly taking vitamins to improve the immune system, wearing masks can also minimize the risk of getting sick. People who are working in the healthcare industry must practice wearing mask at all times as they are more prone to getting infection and viruses. There are different masks to use to prevent from viruses like the Corona Virus. Surgical mask is one option and is easily available from different stores.
What are Surgical Masks?
Many may think that surgical mask or medical or procedure mask can only be used in the hospital during operations or surgeries because of what it’s called but it can also be used as a protection from different viruses. Although it was originally intended to be used during surgery to avoid catching bacteria and aerosols, it can also protect individuals from common dusts, smoke and viruses. However, compared to respirators, surgical masks provide less protection from airborne bacteria or various virus particles.
Surgical Masks are disposable and are usually made of three-ply material that is placed in between a non-woven fabric. It contains filter to avoid microbes from entering and also from exiting and it normally has three folds or pleats to allow users to stretch or expand the mask so that it covers the nose up to the chin area. It also has two strings attached on each side to be placed behind the ears to keep the mask in place. Most surgical masks are colored blue and white, however decorative designs are now available as well.
What are the Different Types of Surgical Masks and How to Wear Them
• Surgical Masks with Ear Loops – Steadily hold the mask by the loops and gently place each loop behind the ears.
• Surgical Masks with Bands – Hold the top of the mask with fingertips or using the hand at the nosepiece, ensuring the headbands are hanging freely. Put the mask to the nose and gently pull the strap on top over the head and let it rest on the crown of the head then the bottom strap should be placed on the neck’s nape.
• Surgical Masks with Ties: Place the mask on the nose and put the ties over the head and securely tie it in a bow.
What is the Proper Way of Wearing a Surgical Mask
• Before touching or wearing a surgical mask, make sure that hands are clean by washing it with soap and water or applying alcohol or hand sanitizer.
• Carefully check the mask for any holes and tears on both sides to ensure that the mask is still in good condition.
• Surgical mask has two colors, normally it is white and blue. The white side should be one that touches the face as the colored side is considered the front of the mask. The one with a bendable edge should be on top.
• Loop the strings on each ear to secure the mask and pinch the bendable edge to the shape of the nose, then pull the lower part of the mask until the chin.
• Make sure to replace surgical mask after 8 hours of use and to dispose it properly after using.
• Wash or sanitize hands after disposing used surgical mask.
3 Best Surgical Masks
Halyard has been known for producing high-quality medical supplies and their Procedure Mask is one of them. The brand has a wide range of masks that cater to different uses and needs. This particular mask is latex free and has pleats and ear loops. It contains three layers of protective construction for better filter and protection. It also has an enclosed nosepiece to better conform the contours of the nose and face. Mostly used in general patient care conditions. Each box contains 50 pieces of high-grade surgical masks and is made of polyester, polypropylene, cellulose and lightweight nose wire.
- Latex free
- Contains 3 layers of protective material
- Pleat design
- Comfortable to use
- Has elastic ear loops
- Lightweight metal strip
- Good protection for colds and flu
- Made of soft and breathable material
- A bit thin compared to other masks
- Has a bad smell
Where to buy:
This surgical face mask comes in a cone shape that easily fits the face. It covers the nose and mouth very well without feeling suffocated. Most people prefer this mask as it is thicker and seems to filter more than the common flat masks. Same with regular surgical mask it also has a nose piece which is made of an adjustable aluminum. It is also fluid resistant is latex free. This Dynarex Molded Surgical Mask has flared edges that are soft to suit different facial contours.
- Filter is glass free
- Latex free
- Fluid resistant
- Soft adjustable edges
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Thicker than most surgical masks
- Made of comfortable and soft materials
- No negative reviews so far
Where to buy:
Sometimes it is hard to speak and understand someone when under a mask. As masks are mostly made of fabric that are not clear. Luckily, the Safe N’ Clear Communicator Surgical Mask is the solution to this problem. The part on the mouth has a clear window that makes it easier for people to communicate and understand each other easily. It is fog resistant so it won’t cloud the clear window while speaking and breathing. It is FDA registered and approved. Just like other surgical masks, this is disposable and is used to prevent transfer of body fluids and microorganisms. Suitable for health workers and patients as well.
- Latex free
- Clear window for easier communication
- Fog free
- Provides 95% protection from bacteria and other harmful particulates
- Made of comfortable and safe materials
- Has an adjustable nose piece design
- Great for people who has problem with hearing
- Some users experiencing pouching on the sides
Where to buy:
|Copyright © Survival Gear for Sale 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|