Best N95 Mask for Pollution
Another global concern is pollution aside from the virus outbreak in our midst.
An N95 mask should be your maximum protector against air pollution. It is designed to be able to filter up to 95 percent of the harmful PM2.5 particulate matter that stays longer in the air and we are likely prone to inhale.
When inhaled, PM2.5 will penetrate the nose, throat, lungs or even the circulatory system. A study revealed that PM2.5 can even lead to plaque deposits in arteries, which may cause the hardening of arteries and might cause a heart attack.
Choose an N95 mask with air valves that can direct the exhaled air out via a designated passage that will ensure the is no excess moisture and fogging near the nose-bridge and eyes.
Do pollution masks really work?
They will be your only effective way to protect yourself from the bad and harmful effects of air pollution.
Even minimal exposure to air pollution can have an ill impact not just the lungs but the heart and brain as well.
How do N95 pollution masks work?
There is a lot of reasons why the air gets polluted. They are harmful particles and gases. Such gases like carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, ozone, nitrogen dioxide, and volatile organic compounds cause and add to air pollution.
These gases are harmful but the main and real concern is about fine particles which are less than 2. 5 microns in size.
An N95 mask can filter and fight out those small fine particles up to 0.3 microns.
How Effective Are N95 Pollution Masks?
An effective pollution mask should have the protection factor of 5 means that all but 5% of pollutants are filtered out by the mask. And N95 masks have a protection factor of 5, which means that they can filter out all but 5% of harmful particles from the air. This effectiveness is lesser for particles that are smaller than 0.3 microns.
N95 masks do not remove harmful gases from the air but it can when combined with an additional feature of activated charcoal that will help in reducing exposure to gases.
Here are our top picks for the best N95 mask for pollution
This is a 3M N95 mask for air pollution and pollen. It’s equipped to filter household dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke and smog particles, airborne germs, and other PM2.5 particulates.
It has the 3M cool flow exhale valve that helps reduce heat and moisture build-up inside the respirator, embedded nose clip with a soft, foam lining helps provide a secure, custom seal, and stretchable, braided headbands are easy to put on and provide a more secure fit.
It has a flat fold and lightweight design with smooth inner material to help you feel more comfortable on your face while wearing it.
- This 3M mask is a bit different as it covers the nose and the face much better
- It has a type of built-in filter to it and foam strip above the nose
- The mask can also bend to fit your face
- It has a filter that can help a bit more to keep the smoke and ash out from your nose
- You can breathe easily even after hours of use
- The mask is well made and it's easy to fit the face
- Its two elastic bands snugged up the filter to cover your nose and mouth very effectively
- It’s a lightweight disposable mask
- Quality fit and performance for smoke and smog
- Enhanced by a breathe-out valve
- Useful to protecting you from contaminated air
- You can pinch the bridge of the nose to customize the fit for more secure coverage on your face
- Some find it a little tight
Where to buy:
Made from top quality material with N95 grade particulates and new PP non-woven fabric. This N95 mask also has activated carbon. It can protect you from all kinds of dust, vehicle exhaust, second-hand smoke, haze, and sandy air.
It’s a high performing mask with a nose bridge design for a greater comforting experience and comfortable elastic mask straps that will suit everyone and it will ensure comfortability without irritating the skin.
The main feature is its unique ventilation design that includes double cold flow breathing valves, that highlight the large outlet and low air resistance that can discharge effectively the heat and moisture brought by the exhaled breath. It also enables and allows you to inhale cool fresh air.
- Individually wrapped
- Very effective
- Really comfortable on the face even when you are sweating
- It can last longer
- Easy to put on and really works pretty well
- Good value for your money
- It feels comfortable when you put it on and it fits perfectly
- Comes with an activated carbon ventilation system
- It filters the air very well to protects your lungs and to make you feel comfortable.
- Durable and easy to breathe with it
- Decent pollution mask but it can make glasses to fog
- Maybe it will fit better for people with larger noses but you can adjust it any way
Where to buy:
This is a one-time use mask only for anti-pollution. The noseband can be adjusted to fit any face shape thus making it easy to wear comfortably.
It’s made from premium cotton and non-woven fabric provides the feature of soft texture, quick-drying, you can sit on the face comfortably, seal correctly around the mouth and face, and you can breathe freely with it to protect yourself life-threatening pollutants.
- The wings above the nose are very helpful to prevent fogging the
- A great mask that is easy to breathe through
- It feels light and very comfortable on the face
- High-Quality Mask
- Very good face mask for pollution
- Heavy duty
- A few find it difficult to fit because they have a smaller nose
Where to buy:
In addition to the list is a special mask against the pollution that’s washable.
This N95 washable and reusable mask comes with active carbon filters to protect you from the dust, particulates, gas, pollen, fumes. It’s good to be used for anti-dust, anti-vehicle exhaust, and haze day protection.
An N95 mask with unique ventilation design, adjustable nose clip, has a plurality of holes, gives excellent permeability, and the valve opens without resistance since it’s a double air breathing valve that makes air resistance is smaller and provides smooth breathing.
The mask can be washed to keep it clean and you can replace its filter with a new activated carbon sheet.
- There are 2 layers and very lightweight
- It has a bendy metal piece over your nose so it cups your nose properly without sliding.
- The loops are of perfect length
- Soft, comfortable, and very helpful
- Very well sewn and with a high-quality filter
- The material is thick but comfortable and it fits around your nose
- It is comfortable to wear for a long time
- It is easy to put on and to fit properly
- Would work better if your nose is a bit shorter
Where to buy:
It a proven reality that an N95 face mask is an effective preventive measure for battling the harmful effects of air pollution.
It’s just right for us to find an N95 anti-pollution mask that we could be as comfortable as can be. It might be something we all need to get used to in order to avoid inhaling and exhaling the harmful pollutants with this effective protection.
It is also very important to remember that these pollution masks are only effective when they provide a good seal around the face.
The world is no longer the way it should be. The air quality had already deteriorated and we have to deal with it head-on. We just have to do what’s best for us and that’s to keep ourselves and families safe all the time.
|Copyright © Survival Gear for Sale 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|