Best Safety Mask for Flu
It’s a well-known fact that face masks greatly help to prevent people from being sick with flu. They also help to control the spreading of the flu virus if you have it.
Health professionals always advised people about the importance of regular handwashing with warm water and soap.
People who inflicted with flu were advised to stay home to recover and avoid spreading the virus to others. But then there are some people who started doing something most of us hadn’t practiced before and that’s wearing safety masks.
Safety masks are highly effective in preventing the spread of viral infections. If used properly and if you practice frequent hand washing, you are already 80 percent less likely to be diagnosed with the flu.
There are masks that are frequently used as safety masks against the flu. These are the surgical masks, N95 mask respirators, and even P100 masks. Since then manufacturers also came up with other versions of these two. Aside from the disposable ones, we also have reusable and washable masks.
Why is it important to wear a safety mask for flu?
Wearing a safety mask is one of the ways to prevent you from spreading germs to others when you are not feeling well. It will also ensure your safety if you’re not sick. A properly worn mask will prevent the droplets from being passed into the air when you cough or sneeze.
How long can you wear a flu mask?
Masks can only be worn for a maximum of eight hours and it is best to change them regularly or to wash the reusable ones so they can remain effective.
Here are some guidelines for proper mask-wearing:
- Always wear a safety mask when you’re coming within six feet of a sick person.
- Always ensure the strings or your earloop mask to keep it firmly in place over the nose, mouth, and chin. Try not to touch any part of the mask again until you remove it.
- Wear a safety mask before going out or going near other people if you have the flu.
- If you have the flu and wear a safety mask to protect others.
- Always wear a safety mask in crowded settings if the flu is widespread in your place or if there’s a high risk for flu in your community.
- When you're done wearing the safety mask, throw it away and wash your hands. If it’s a disposable mask try not to reuse it. If it’s a reusable one change the filter as much as possible and wash it after each use or more frequently.
Here are our top choices for the best safety mask for the flu
A good option is this 3M P100 that’s NIOSH's approved with the highest rated filtration efficiency in a filtering facepiece respirator. It can filter up to 99.7% of airborne particles.
It comes with the 3M Cool Flow Valve that keeps the user cool, it has a comfortable face seal, adjustable buckle straps help provide a secure fit, and an adjustable nose clip that reduces the potential for eyewear fogging and helps ensure a better seal and fit.
This is a great mask that can provide superior protection against the flu.
- It’s a medium-sized mask and respirator that can fit 80% of people
- It performs good and it seals alright
- It has 2 spandex-like straps that stretch better
- Comes with a black smooth soft silicone-like waterproof gasket that provides a better seal
- Holds tight and can force intake through the mask.
- It will allow you to exhale through the mask center exhale valve
- It will not fog up glasses when placed properly
- It can still get pretty warm to some but it’s slightly less stifling than other masks
Where to buy:
Another great choice is this mask made from non-woven fabrics is a PM2.5 Anti-Dust Anti-pollen Allergy Mouth Mask. It’s been lab-tested with the British military filtration technology and it can filter almost 100% of pollution, gases, and bacteria and viruses.
Its comfortable material with not irritate your face. It will truly protect you against viral infection. What more, it’s light, non-bulky, and fabric-based. Gives comfort wear that comes with elastic fasteners with latch-on clip.
Includes an inner activated carbon filter layer that increases filtration efficiency against dust, pollen, gases, odors and It can effectively separate PM2.5 fine particles and bacteria.
- Very nice masks and very easy to breathe on
- You’ll love the comfort and fit of the masks
- The adjustability at the nose only needed a pinch to fit perfectly
- They are also very attractive
- They are well made and sturdy
- It is not difficult to breathe through this mask
- They are thick enough to keep the air and germs away from my mouth while its colors will allow you to match with your clothes for the day
- They are comfortable masks
- Great N95 mask
- No negative reviews so far
Where to buy:
A very popular and in-demand mask is the Vogmask. They’re selling out almost everywhere. They are not an overrated mask but in reality, they are very dependable and proven to be very good protection against the flu.
This mask has VMCV features that give superior protection for PM 2.5 particles in air pollution and other microscopic airborne contaminants. Its exhalation valve facilitates the exit of moisture and CO2 from the interior of the mask. The trim and ear loops are made with latex-free spandex.
An adjustable Vogmask head strap accessory can also be purchased separately to add the security of the mask. All the designs of the Vogmasks come in small, medium, medium +, large, and xl sizes.
The Vogmask is a reusable filtering mask with two layers of filter media, sewn into middle of the mask which include a carbon filter for odors, some ozone and highly efficient N95 filter class particle filter for protecting 95% from inhaled microscopic particles including dust, pollen, shavings, mold, biologics, germs, and contaminants in poor air quality.
It’s eco-friendly and can be used for 3 months to over a year depending on the air quality conditions.
- It was so easy to breathe in it
- You can wash them very easily
- It comes in fun and colorful designs because it makes it look less scary
- It is easy to remove and clean or replace the filter
- There will be no fogging up while wearing this mask
- It is soft on the face which makes it less miserable to wear
- It's washable, very fashionable and more importantly a functional mask
- It is pretty
- The soft fabric around the edges is smooth on the face and decreases irritation around the eyes
- They sometimes make the ears stick out and could cause some discomfort to a few that’s why they introduced the adjustable Vogmask head strap accessory
Where to buy:
When it comes to the flu especially during its peak season or in any outbreak, prevention is still the best way to keep yourself safe from this highly communicable and contagious virus.
A safety mask is really ideal to provide shield and great protection against getting sick. There are no known risks or dangers in wearing this precautionary mask. You just need to choose and purchase the best one for you.
Masks are really saving grace and great help and most especially if you wash your hands often during flu season to complete your preventive measures.
|Copyright © Survival Gear for Sale 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|