Does non antibacterial soap work?
Antibacterial soaps are no more effective than plain soap and water for killing disease-causing germs outside of health care settings. There is no evidence that antibacterial soaps are more effective than plain soap for preventing infection under most circumstances in the home or in public places. Therefore, plain soap is recommended in public, non-health care settings and in the home (unless otherwise instructed by your doctor).
Do antibacterial soaps promote antibiotic resistance?
There is no evidence that antibacterial soaps cause antibiotic resistance, but some scientists believe they may contribute to the development of antibiotic resistant germs.
- Recommended for use in non-health care settings
- Easy to find in stores – read the label!
- Usually less expensive than antibacterial soaps
- Rubbing your hands is the most important step in cleaning your hands
- Not needed in businesses or most homes (unless directed by your health care provider)
- No more effective than plain soap in killing germs on your hands or body
- Must be left on your hands for about two minutes in order to have any effect on bacteria
Liquid soap or bar soap?
- Liquid soap is generally recommended over bar soap for cleaning your hands
- Liquid soap is easy to use and will not spread germs from one person to another
- Many liquid soaps also include a moisturizing agent, so your hands may not dry out as quickly from frequently cleaning your hands
- Germs can grow on bar soap and easily spread from one person to another
- Bar soap can be used in a household if no one has skin infections
- Bar soap should not be used in public places
Another way to clean hands: Hand Sanitizer
- Wash your hands with soap and water when your hands are visibly soiled. If soap and water is not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (wipes or gel).
- Food handlers in restaurants, schools, delis and grocery stores must wash their hands with soap and water before applying hand sanitizers.
Softens and restores skin. The nutrient rich bar soap cleanses and softens your skin with a blend of 100 percent coconut oil, coconut milk and acacia Senegal. Lather in hands or on a washcloth and wash entire body. Made with Fair Trade Shea Butter.Where to buy:
|Copyright © Survival Gear for Sale 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|