Best Surgical Mask for Chemo Patients
Cancer has always been one of the leading causes of deaths nowadays. Every year, millions of people across the globe are diagnosed with cancer. This is the hard truth that most people are aware of – that cancer cells can easily multiply to other parts of the body. Because of this, medical experts are trying to prevent this widespread of faulty cells in order to save the lives of cancer patients.
Most of the strategies involved in treating cancer involve surgery (getting rid of the cancerous tumor), chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted therapy or also known as the hormone therapy. In all of these treatments, the most famous is probably the chemotherapy. In some cases, it is the combination of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Chemotherapy is applied to stop or reduce the growth of malignant cancerous cells.
How to Protect Chemo Patients with Surgical Masks?
Providing the best surgical mask for chemo patients is deemed by many as the most effective way in giving protection to cancer patients who are undergoing chemotherapy. Notably, cancer patients have weaker immune system compared to people who do not have cancer. Hence, it is a top priority to protect them from situations that can lead to some infections. This might compromise their fragile health.
Cancer patients, especially those who are undergoing therapy, are advised to avoid events that will expose them to germs and pathogens detrimental to their status. Also, they are advised to always wear surgical mask as their protection against viruses in the surrounding. The following are some of the great benefits in getting the surgical mask for chemo patients:
• Surgical masks can help shield the patient from airborne bacteria. This also goes to the seasonal colds and flu. It is important that chemo patients are protected from these aggressors because this can obstruct the possible positive output of the chemotherapy and/or radio therapy.
• Cancer patients are usually in the hospitals for regular check-up. This makes them more exposed to pathogens brought by other sick people in the hospital. To avoid getting infection, patients have to wear masks.
• It does not mean that because one has a cancer, her/his world will stop moving. It will be more depressing if the patients have to face and deal with the restrictions brought by their ailment. Cancer patients are encouraged to go on with their daily activities – but, of course, with extra caution so that they will not be exposed to germs and bacteria that can hamper their chemotherapy. And, of course, the best way for this is by wearing mask.
• Surgical masks are not only for chemo patients. It should be emphasized as well that attending doctors and loved ones are advised to also wear surgical mask especially if they are have cough or colds. In this way, the viruses will not be transmitted to the chemo patients.
Best surgical masks for chemo patients
As a guide, here are some of the best surgical masks for chemo patients nowadays in the market:
One of the most considered surgical masks for chemo patients is the Cambridge mask because of its effective anti-bacterial and virus protection. This mask is considered as a British-made technology since this was originally designed and produced by the UK Ministry of Defence. This was developed primarily as a defense and protection in biological, chemical and nuclear warfare. In fact, this was also known as the British Pollution Solution.
It has Triple Layer Filtration System wherein the first layer filters larger particles such as PM10 and dust. The second later is the 3-Ply Micro Particulate Filter which catches almost 100% of smaller particulates such as PM2.5 and PM0.3. The last layer stops viruses and bacteria as well as gas pollution especially Ozone, Benzathine, Formaldehyde and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Nowadays, the Cambridge Masks are used as respirators to filter out almost a hundred percent of toxic and pollution gases as well as almost all sorts of viruses and bacteria.
- Its military grade carbon meets the N99 standard
- Almost perfect 100% protection from particulate pollution especially the PM0.3 and PM2.5
- Protection against air-based pollution such as benzene and formaldehyde and toxic smells.
- Perfect for people especially those with respiratory problem
- Adjustable ear loops
- Comes in different sizes, colors and designs
- Others complained about fitting issue on the face
- Some cited on fogging up onto the eyeglasses due to much heat build-up caused by exhilaration
Where to buy:
The Vogmask is also being considered by many as a best surgical mask for chemo patients. This remarkable product is made of organic cotton and microfiber for its outer and inner layer, microfiber particle filter, carbon ash derived from coconut shell, aluminum noseband, and latex-free spandex trim. It also takes pride with its ABS Resin exhale valve base and cover that has silicone stopper. Its filter component is in the middle layers of the Vogmask.
Vogmask also promotes healthy living as it filters the air we breathe. Its filters microscopic materials brought by dust, air pollution, allergens, smoke, biologics and other toxins in the air. It also protects people, especially chemo patients, from airborne bacteria and viruses. It can block PM10 as well as PM2.5 microns that are hazardous to the lungs. In fact, Vogmask can protect chemo patients from inhaling particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Made with organic materials
- Comes in different sizes – from small fits under 10 years old to XL adults
- Protects from airborne particles as small as .254 microns.
- Has one-way exhalation valve for the exit of moisture and carbon dioxide
- Can be maintained by hand-wash and hang-dry
- Comes in different designs
- Others complained that the mask does not fit well onto their face
- Some got allergic reaction because of the smell and the materials of the mask
Where to buy:
Another kind of mask that many chemo patients are using is the Guoer Mask. It has five layers that are activated carbon filters. It filters dust, smoke, air pollution, allergies, ashes and pollens. Despite its 5-filter layers, the outer cover of the mask is made with 100% warm cotton and Polyester. It also has M-shaped nose clip that is adjustable for perfect feet as well as adjustable elastic ear loops that are made of 20% Spandex and 80% Polyester Fiber.
The Guoer Mask is reusable and washable, but the filter is disposable. It comes in different colorful and stylish designs.
- Other chemo patients said that the mask effectively filters airborne viruses and bacteria
- Reusable and washable
- Effectively filters dust, smoke, pollution and other allergens that can challenge the immune system of chemo patients
- Others complained that it is hot to wear
- Comes in one sizes (one size fits all)
Where to buy:
Chemo patients have vulnerable immune system. They should be protected from elements that can compromise their immune system. Hence, it is important to get the best surgical mask. They deserve to have clean air to breath - and this can be achieved if chemo patients have the right and effective masks.
It contributes a great deal to the health and longevity of chemo patients if they are protecting well themselves. And one of the best ways to protect is to get the best surgical mask.
Meanwhile, people are lucky nowadays to have masks that are colorful and have creative designs. This helps in the boost of positivity, great cheers and confidence for cancer patients who are undergoing the ordeal of chemotherapy.
|Copyright © Survival Gear for Sale 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|