Best Surgical Mask for Travel and Flying
Travelling has always been a major part of many people’s lives. This can be for business, leisure, soul-searching, hobby, among others. In fact, travel and flying have always been one of the economic drivers of every country. In this progress, however, is also the susceptibility of every traveler to diseases or viruses brought by frequent flying. This thought is further prompted by the current global threat of COVID-19 which is continuously bringing havoc across the globe.
With the threat of COVID-19 and other possible airborne diseases, it is best that one should take precautionary measures in preventing one’s self to be infected by these diseases. Prevention is better than cure!
Hence, aside from practicing great hygiene (such as frequent washing of hands with soap and water as well as maintaining cleanliness of the body and clothes), and boosting the immune system through healthy food and exercise, travelers are also encouraged to wear surgical mask while traveling and flying.
Why is surgical mask important for travel and flying?
Many medical experts said that wearing surgical mask does not completely protect a person from diseases and viruses, but somehow it can help prevent in some ways. One never knows his/her seatmates in the plane. It is possible that the person is a courier of the virus and is not wearing a mask. This where the importance of wearing a mask is important. It can protect from possible viruses carried by a fellow passenger (especially if the co-passenger is coughing/sneezing).
Aside from passengers, surgical mask is also utmost important among flight crew. They are the ones who are always in close contact with passengers. They need to protect themselves first in order to protect many of their travelers or passengers.
Choosing the best surgical mask for travel and flying
Here are some basic tips in choosing surgical masks that are for travel and flying:
• Choose masks that are perfect fit for the face, something that can completely conceal the mouth and the nose. Surgical masks come in different sizes. Choose the one that fits you completely and properly. Masks are useless if there are open gaps that can allow viruses to enter the mouth or nose.
• Chooses masks that have authentic technology to block off or filter particles that are smaller than 2.5 microns in size. CONVID-19 droplet particles are invisible to the naked eyes. A strong mask filters are necessary to protect people from this kind of microbes.
• Choose masks that can give protection for longer hours. There are masks that can easily be torn or worn out. Since, some flying entail hours of traveling (some even have 15 hours travel time), it is best that the masks are durable and can sustain in providing top-quality protection to its user during the long hours of travel.
Some of the best surgical masks for travel and flying
The Guoer surgical mask is considered by many travelers as one of the best when it comes to protecting themselves while traveling and flying. It is a 5-layered activated carbon filter mask that can be replaced. In fact, the Guoer mask is washable and reusable. This mask can block off dust, smoke, germs, pollution, pollens, allergens and other toxic elements in the air. One is assured to have clean breathable air.
- Washable and reusable (except for its filters which is recommended to be replaced 1-2 weeks of use)
- Comes in different colors and designs, perfect for the travelers
- Adjustable ear loops
- Allows easy breathability with its M-shaped nose clip for a perfect and comfortable fit
- Inside and outside material of the mask is made of 100% cotton
- One size only
- Others complained of difficulty in breathing because they feel warm in their mouth when using the mask
- Some cited allergic reaction
Where to buy:
This is a health care setting mask that can be used by the public as well. It’s FDA Cleared for use as a surgical mask that will help to protect against certain airborne biological particles and it’s also fluid resistant and disposable.
It also met all CDC guidelines as a particulate respirator and surgical mask rolled in one mask.
It’s also a NIOSH approved N95 that met CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control, and an FDA cleared for use as a surgical mask.
It has 99% BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) according to ASTM F2101 and it’s totally fluid-resistant according to ASTM F1862.
This respirator contains no components made from natural rubber latex and it has a collapse resistant cup shape design, braided headbands, cushioning nose foam, and lightweight construction for comfortable wear.
It has suggested settings and applications for Operating Rooms, Clinics, TB Wards, Patient Care, Labor and Delivery, Infection Control Practices, Laboratory, emergency or pandemic preparedness planning, stockpiling, etc.
Please click the link below for this product
- This is the real deal as it’s the same mask as worn by personnel at the hospital
- You can have about a week of use out of one mask
- You just pinch the metal band at the top to fit firmly around your nose
- Good Protection
- Cheap for the protection
- The masks are really top-notch quality, very easy to breathe in, and it has really comfortable nose sponge in the mask with outside molded flexible nose pinch
- This mask has the woven and rubber head straps which do not deteriorate as fast as the yellow rubber ones
- They are built well and are snug for comfort
- A few only find it a little thick for them
Where to buy:
Made in Taiwan, the Walgreens Surgical Mask is also an ideal mask for travel and flying. First, it is lightweight, and was designed to give comfort and easier breathing. Despite of its simple design, it does not discount the importance of filtering bacteria, pollution and other airborne biological particles that are detrimental to one’s health. It continuously keep its general purpose which is infection control.
- Easy breathability
- Lightweight and easy to carry while traveling and flying
- Odorless, soft and non-irritating
- Helps prevent in inhaling viruses
- Nosepiece mold for perfect and comfortable fit
- One use only; disposable
- One standard size
- Others complained that the nosepiece mold did not work well
Where to buy:
There is no harm if one takes the extra precaution and care especially when travelling and flying. This is the wiser thing to do especially that the world right now is still in the loop of the imminent threat of COVID-19. Wearing a surgical mask is one of the best ways to protect one’s self from this virus.
As mentioned earlier, prevention is better than cure; hence, there is nothing to be ashamed about if one is wearing a mask especially when flying. Meanwhile, in getting a mask, one should always consider to get the best surgical mask for travel and flying. Every person deserves the best protection and care.
|Copyright © Survival Gear for Sale 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|